Monday 18 April 2011

Cheap Favours!!!!

I hadn't put much thought into Wedding Favours before.

I've yet to go to a wedding where I've got something that you really want to keep anyway and so we had sort of decided we weren't going to have any.


Then I bought a wedding magazine and saw a favour I loved - but at £3.50 each and 50 guests that was a no go. I suddenly thought - hang on what if I make them.


So I bought the various bits from ebay - cinnemon sticks and ivory antique lace with a little heart charm. You know I even found the exact heart charm like the one online - from Mexico. I got a bag of 80 for £1. I even had to ring Matt with excitement when I ordered them. Granted he wasn't as excited as me but he still acted happy, bless him.

I sat in the garden yesterday in the sun making them, and I've got to say I was pretty happy with my work. It just goes to show though that you can get a bargain - I might even start making them for other peoples weddings!! At least it will keep me busy when the wedding is over and I've got all this spare time to fill.


If you have any tips or ideas for favours - then get in touch chelsea@key103.co.uk


I'm off to buy more magazines now to see what else I can make.


Chelsea x

No comments:

Post a Comment