Wednesday 26 May 2010

This Body Was not Made To Run!!!!!!


THIS BODY WAS NOT MADE TO RUN!
Hi Everyone,

I've just signed up to do the Manchester Midnight Walk. I stress 'walk' as we DO NOT RUN! This body was not made to run!

The event is for St Ann's Hospice which is a charity which means a lot to me. I'm a patron and am trying to do all I can to help.

The 10k walk is in it's 4th year and is taking place on 2 July. We're trying to raise as much cash as we can! I lost my Grandad to cancer 6 years ago and unfortunately he didn't get the greatest care. It wasn't long after that I first went to visit and I expected a dark and dismal place where people went to die - but I was surprised to see it was actually a bright and inspirational place with angels who work so hard to make the life of your loved ones the best it can be right to the end. Nearly half of their patients also go home again once treated in the hospice.

Unfortunately they get so little government funding and so they have to raise £16,000 every day just to keep their doors open. I know there are loads of events every year for charities in Manchester - and I know times are tougher than they've ever been, but we really need your help even more than ever as St Ann's have struggled, like all of us, through this recession. This has really hit their finances.

But this where you can help! The Manchester Midnight Walk is a really great event - it's fun to do and is a huge boost for the hospice (last year this event raised nearly a quarter of a million pounds!). It's just £15 to register and you can join me and thousands of others on the night.

There's plenty of ways to register, either go online at manchestermidnightwalk.org.uk or call 0161 498 3631

You can also sponsor me at http://www.justgiving.com/walkwithchelsea

Hope to see you there, and email me at chelsea@key103.co.uk if you have any questions. If you need any more information then get in touch.

Chelsea x

PS To keep up with the latest news about the walk why not subscribe for an email feed from our blog, join us on twitter and on facebook...

PS. Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving – they’ll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they’ll send your money directly to the charity and make sure Gift Aid is reclaimed on every eligible donation by a UK taxpayer. So it’s the most efficient way to donate - I raise more, whilst saving time and cutting costs for the charity.

So please dig deep and donate now:
http://www.justgiving.com/walkwithchelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment